Steps in the Right Direction
Clownfish Events recognises the climate emergency and is working towards becoming carbon neutral by 2025. The steps we are taking to address climate change include:
– Minimising the use of consumables across business operations (including but not limited to paper, ink, energy, water and fuel).
– Purchasing energy from renewable sources to power our warehouse and office building.
– Switching all house lighting in our building to LED and upgrading most studio and event production lighting equipment from halogen to LED.
– Using a zero-waste-to-landfill waste contractor who ensures that all waste is recycled.
– Replacing vehicles with hybrid/electric options as part of our fleet management cycle.
– Consolidating deliveries and collections into efficient routes to minimise mileage and emissions.
– Digitising all event-related documentation.
– Choosing compostable and/or biodegradable options where available (for example faux snow, glitter and confetti).
– Storing, reusing and reselling the components of bespoke build projects, with recycling as a last resort.
– Choosing recycled materials where available (for example recycled polyester fabric) and FSC-certified timber products from well-managed, sustainable sources.
– Using local suppliers and labour whenever there is an appropriate option available.
We’ve been working on an initiative that will see us increase clients’ minimum spend. It will mean that we send vehicles out less often and always fill them to capacity, which we hope will be good for the planet as well as our P&L.